Work with us!
We are looking for a new Graphic Designer to join our team. You’ll be responsible for Making Mustard look good from every angle. Working on everything from social content and email marketing to fixing up barcodes, box or product designs and finessing documents means that every day will look a little different.
By working closely with our Creative Director, Customer Service Team and PR you’ll demonstrate to our customers how exciting our products and brand are. As part of the team you’ll get to know the brand and products inside and out so you can share your love for lockers with the world. There will be lots of room for pushing the brand, injecting newness and exploring self initiated ideas.
We are a small, dynamic team working around the globe so you’ll be communicating on different time zones and supporting the different areas of the business. Being organised, efficient and dynamic will ensure things run smoothly. The role will be based at our Newcastle, Australia office but you’ll have the flexibility to make the hours work for you and ability to work remotely as needed.
Your goal is to make Mustard beautiful, to express the essence of the brand visually and use your skills to improve the business as a whole. Working in a small team will mean there’s opportunity to get involved in various ways and a wide range of tasks.
The key elements of the job include:
- Create social content, email marketing and digital ads.
- Work on product, stationery and packaging design.
- Develop internal and external documents.
- Photo editing.
- Generating new ideas and initiating projects.
- Work collaboratively and cloud based.
- Respond to the business needs and changes.
- Work collaboratively with the team in Australia and globally.
- Self manage your time, projects and output.
- Generally be part of the team. We are a small business and play as a team. This could mean anything from assisting on photoshoots, working in a trade show or visiting our warehouse.
- Help us grow and improve as a business, we’re always open to new ideas and we would love for you to streamline and develop new processes and instigate projects. Initiative and communication are key.
- Your hours will have flexibility and will include being available to work on different time zones occasionally.
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
- You have experience in creative and graphic design for an online retail customer.
- You are social media savvy.
- You ‘get’ Mustard.
- You understand the customer, sales and e-commerce and can translate that knowledge into effective visual communication.
- You can contribute to our goal of having happy customers.
- You are exceptionally organised and thrive on solving problems.
- You’ve got great attention to detail, you’re picky, in a good way.
- You understand the nuances of life in a start-up and are happy to roll up your sleeves: no job is too big, or too small.
- You are confident in working as part of a team but able to manage your own time and workload.
- You tackle tasks with initiative and creativity.
- You'll spot the things that need to be done and find a way to make it happen.
- You are optimistic and not afraid of a challenge.
- You can communicate what you need to get results.
- Through excellent product knowledge you can deliver creative designs to maximise sales at every opportunity.
It started with a long walk and two sisters living on the opposite side of the world. The idea was sparked by the question: What is it that you love that is uniquely you? Becca thought about her home and studio. She had a random selection of metal lockers. One flaky old one found on the side of the road, a few from antique stores and some new. She's always had a thing for lockers.
From that day the work began. We’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 150 retailers across the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand – from Urban Outfitters, Oliver Bonas and Libertys London to a range of boutique independent shops. Whilst we have been selling online to retail customers in the US since we started, 2021 will see the Mustard expansion to include wholesale, a warehouse and distribution throughout the US. It’s an exciting time as there is lots more growth on the horizon.
The Extra Stuff
- Based in our Newcastle, Australia office
- Option to work remotely, minimum 2 days per week in the office
- 3 Days per week with flexibility - from time to time we will require you to be able to communicate or attend meetings with our UK team on a time zone that works for both countries
- Immediate start preferred
- Competitive salary + superannuation
- Opportunities to travel, attend events and other fun stuff!
- You will end up with a home full of Lockers!
To apply please send a really nice email to Becca at email@example.com, include 'Work with us - Australia" in the subject line, we want to get to know who you are, what experience you've had, your availability, why you want to work for mustard and which is your dream locker? Include any website, social or portfolio links.
Applications close Friday 21st May.
Can't wait to hear from you!